It starts off with Plagueis killing his Master, Darth Tenebrous and ends with his death at the hands of Darth Sidious. Del Rey; Reprint edition (October 30, 2012), Stay away unless you enjoyed the prequels, Reviewed in the United States on December 26, 2018, Reviewed in the United States on February 6, 2015.

Why? I heard that the author worked really closely with LucasFilms to get it just right. Left JJ scrambling to tie up the impossible threads. Growing up on Mygeeto young Hego knew from an early age that he was unique. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 9, 2017. Welcome back.

In literary terms, there are too many infodumps and exposition. Plagueis would win, but it becomes close with the Vjun amp, assuming it's equally potent to other dark side nexi. I wanted to read this title beca. There's some of that, but what we mostly get instead is a book about the orig.

Pero se volvió tan poderoso que lo único que temía era perder su poder, cosa que, eventualmente, sucedió.

Darth Plagueis the Wise is a Dark Lord of the Sith and master of Darth Sidious, the Emperor Palpatine.His history and characteristics from new …

If you’re interested in Darths Plagueis’ and Sidious’ back stories then you this is very much the story for you. He was regarded by his former student as "The Wise" without a hint of irony. It also covers Palpatine's story, from his young adult years in the Youth political programs all the way to his election to the Supreme.

At long last, the Star Wars story of the mysterious Sith Lord Darth Plagueis and his apprentice, Darth Sidious, is revealed! What's interesting is that in may ways I actually found Sidious to be the far more interesting character in this book, from his introduction all the way up to the conclusion. This is a very good Star Wars novel, set before and during the events of the prequel trilogy.

Darth Plagueis was Master of the Sith sometime before the beginning of the Clone Wars. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of. It’s a bizarre interlude in the movie, and that’s all we knew of Darth Plagueis…until now. Since this loss is what Anakin fears most, it’s just the thing to reel him in. James Luceno is a prime example of an author that for me, I can tell he is very good at what he does, and yet I still have an extremely hard time with his books. What's interesting is that in may ways I actually found Sidious to be the far more interesting character in this book, from his introduction all the way up to the conclus. The thing I love about the Star Wars universe is the commitment to continuity. Use features like bookmarks, note taking and highlighting while reading Darth Plagueis: Star Wars Legends (Star Wars - … Tier: 5-B

It was well written, in the sense of that the author had a good flow and it was very interesting to see Darth Sidious before he became the Emperor, and to be honest the author did an amazing job of talking about some pretty intricate politics at several levels (think planetary level, sector level, and galactic level) and making it all work together. He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying." . Misleading, the Dark Side of the Force, is. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. That probably illustrates why it was possible for the dark side to rise in secret with such power.

He took Sheev Palpatine under his tutelage before the events of The Phantom Menace. truly is a fascinating character and helps shape the fall of the republic through his influence and support of Sidious. I haven't come across anything in this book so far that conflicts with any of the new official canon stuff. Upon finishing this book I have read only two Star Wars novels, but can say from my limited experience in Star Wars literature that this may be the book by which many after will be judged. If you have, you should read this. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. . I do love James’ Star Wars books, he really does his homework and creates an incredible plot with good action, character and dialogue. Desafortunadamente enseñó a su aprendiz todo lo que sabía y, entonces, su aprendiz lo asesinó mientras dormía. Legendary materials are far more extensive and descriptive about his life.

January 10th 2012 This may be controversial to those who think that, I've read a lot of Star Wars books (though, I've apparently not added many to my shelves on here) and they typically, like the movies, focus more on the actions of characters rather than their motives. You definitely get the impression that James Luceno did his homework here, because his command of the universe seems seamless and nearly infinite. It goes through both Plagueis' backstory, interests, and experimentation with midichlorians, with the hope of eventually achieving immortality. Unable to add item to List.

The timeline that this book spans alone should really make this required reading, especially if you have somehow not seen Episode 1 read this first than check out the movie, it adds so much to the movie that could easily be seen as a weak entry into Star Wars lore. It also provides a bunch of historical material on the Sith more generally which brings much needed depth to the ancient enemy of the Jedi.

Other than this book, there’s just not much information about him to be found. “Luceno draws on his storytelling skill and prodigious knowledge of the [Star Wars] world .

Muun's are tall and thin humanoids with elongated bald heads. [James] Luceno takes Darth Plagueis down the dark path and never looks back.”—Newsday Darth Plagueis: Like all Sith Lords before him, he craves absolute power.

The problem is I read the premise, looked at the cover, and watched the scene from Revenge of the Sith where Palpatine tells the story of Darth Plagueis and I had a different story in my head than what this turned out to be. Darth Plagueis is probably worth reading simply if for no other reason other than how "canon" it is, if you're a big Star Wars fan. None of this stops the book from being enjoyable, interesting and absolutely essential for those who are fans of the Star Wars saga. We’d love your help. ¿Han escuchado la tragedia de Darth Plagueis, el sabio? "Star Wars: Darth Plagueis" for me is the biggest event in the saga since the release of Episode III. The problem is I read the premise, looked at the cover, and watched the scene from Revenge of the Sith where Palpatine tells the story of Darth Plagueis and I had a different story in my head than what this turned out to be. But if you’re a casual reader of dread and... To see what your friends thought of this book, The book is not canon because the purchase of lucasfilm by Disney, and they said everything except the clone wars TV show, is no longer canon.

The dark side of the Force … Your enjoyment likely depends on your enjoyment of the prequels. The Best PlayStation Deals for October 2020, The Most Messed Up Moments in the Comic Book Version of ‘The Boys’, Daily Deals: Preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or PC and Save 17% Off, Star Wars The Force Awakens Summary and Synopsis, Star Wars Poll: Who Wins a Sith Lord Battle Royale, Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens, Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: The New Clones in the Prince Army, Journey to The Force Awakens: Shattered Empire, Things Ghost of Tsushima Doesn't Tell You. Not so much about lightsabre-y Jedi fightin’ action but more about the politics (on Naboo and in the Senate) not to mention the dirty dealings of trade federation and banking clan as they exploit outer rim worlds via their corrupt governments. I found it marvelously interesting to learn about the history of these two descendants of Bane who organized the final steps to achieving the Sith's ultimate revenge: the downfall of the Jedi. Darth Plagueis the Wise is a Dark Lord of the Sith and master of Darth Sidious, the Emperor Palpatine. I've been reading a lot of Star Wars books over the last couple of years. Not in tune enough to sense the Sith until it was much too late. Find all the books, read about the author, and more.

Unless merciless Sith tradition becomes their undoing. To really get an answer your question, you. I will say, though, I listened to the audiobook narrated by Daniel Davis, and the audio version in particular was awesome. Darth Plagueis does not make any appearances throughout the current film canon, but is mentioned when Palpatine explains his story to Anakin Skywalker about how Darth Plagueis could save those he loved from death with his knowledge of midi-chlorian manipulation.

I'd imagined this book following Darth Plagueis as he traveled to ancient Sith ruins and played 'Frankenstein' on life forms and researched old dark side texts to uncover lost secrets of the force.

by LucasBooks/Del Rey Books/Ballantine Books/Random House, Inc. It’s October, which means it’s the perfect time to scare yourself with a truly unsettling book. Pretty much everyone who knows me knows I like.

Material from Ultimate Star Wars confirms his canonical relationship to Sheev Palpatine. Deep down, I feel much more like a Sith (and, hey, why not a Dark Lord of the Sith...might as well dream big) than a Jedi most of the time and this book is a chronicle of the rise of Palpatine a.k.a. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. We encourage you to read our updated PRIVACY POLICY and COOKIE POLICY. To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number. In a sense he was. I am not among them, but I can tell them - relax. A storm you are, but a much needed one, to wash away the old and complacent and prune the galaxy of deadweight. And yes, I did find that it explained a lot about the events of the prequ.

Upon finishing this book I have read only two Star Wars novels, but can say from my limited experience in Star Wars literature that this may be the book by which many after will be judged. Published As they’re sitting in Palpatine’s box seats, the old man tells Anakin a tale about Darth Plagueis. This book focuses on two Sith lords - namely Darth Plagueis and his apprentice Darth Sidious (aka Palpatine). ...You said you were death itself. Review of the audiobook narrated by Daniel Davis. Palpatine is as evil as a man can. The rating here was VERY hard to set, and it's likely bloated. Palpatine is as evil as a man can be, and then some. Apparently this Star Wars novel had been highly anticipated since its announcement years ago, and I had no idea until after I finished it and decided to look it up. I realize that this isn't officially canon anymore but this book has given me a newfound understanding and an entirely new outlook on the prequel trilogy. Darth Plagueis is a novel by James Luceno that tells the backstory of the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Plagueis.It was originally scheduled for release in October of 2008, but its release was canceled.However, Sue Rostoni later stated that the book had been reinstated, and the novel was to be released on January 10, 2012. It also covers Palpatine's story, from his young adult years in the Youth political programs all the way to his election to the Supreme Chancellorship. This is probably the hardest book review I have ever done. Same can be said about his master, who had a much larger role in the success of his apprentice that you may suspect.

It deals heavily with the one subject I found to be the saving grace of the dreaded prequels so many people seem to despise: politics. I'm thoroughly impressed and will definately read more Star Wars novels, canon or not. Who gives more shape to sentient history: the good, who adhere to the tried and true, or those who seek to rouse beings from their stupor and lead them to glory? NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER “The best Star Wars publication to date . Almost nothing is known canonically about Plagueis' appearance or species.