It is written by Cecily von Zeigesar. 3 - I'm not too difficult to please, but I do have standards. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? ", "Racy Reading; Gossip Girl Series is Latest Installment in Provocative Teen Fiction, and It's as Popular as It is Controversial", "YALSA Recommends Books For Young Adults Who Enjoy 'Gossip Girl' Series", "CW Gives Go-Ahead to 'Gossip Girl' Pilot", "CW gives Schwartz some good news: 2nd pilot picked up for show creator", OMFGG – Original Music Featured on Gossip Girl No. If you're so devastated about Blair loving Chuck, why even go through with the marriage? It is very much dealing with the way the world looks now, where wealth and privilege come from, and how you handle that. But, is the YA show finally being booted from Netflix? Here is a step-by-step from Hyland's designer, Allan Avendano, that you can follow for the ultimate camera-ready glam look. Dan finally figures out whom his heart really belongs to. While it has not been specified when HBO Max will be adding Gossip Girl to its queue, numerous outlets have reported that the transfer will happen when the streaming service releases the Gossip Girl reboot. NYC is a very affluent place in general, but the UES brings a new meaning to wealthy. Currently I'm trying to get rid of my addiction. 58 of 84 people found this review helpful. Dan becomes irritated with Vanessa's new friend Tiphany and her ferret. Kristen Haddox, Penn State University4. Hello Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl Here, Your One And Only Source ... To be able to Think That We Are One Of Dear and Rich Upper East Siders. "[31], Pam Spencer Holley, former YALSA President with the American Library Association (ALA), presents a different point of view, claiming simply to be "happy to see teen girls reading. That is, until he lays eyes on Serena, who is now an A-list movie star, and is more confused than ever. Situated between Central Park and the East River, the Upper East Side is one of most affluent neighborhoods in New York. [30] American author and feminist Naomi Wolf calls the books "corruption with a cute overlay." A family of power-hungry thousand-year-old vampires look to take back the city that they built and dominate all those who have done them wrong. They have a car mask, a backpack mask, a jacket mask — everywhere you strategically place a tube of chapstick, you're now stocking a mask. Even after almost 10 years, the teen-centric series continues to be binge-worthy, and we can't help but still act slightly surprised (and mad) at the finale's reveal of the true identity of Gossip Girl. Note: Some of the following examples contain mentions of sexual assault. xoxo Gossip Girl. Dan's mother returns and gives him presents for being gay. We could all use a mental health check-in, especially as we approach the end of a wild calendar year. "Gossip Girl" portrays not only everyone on the UES as beautiful, but apparently everyone on the entire island is, as well! Beauty is a huge factor of the show! A mask is required to enter many establishments in most states (you can find your state's regulations here), and even if you're in a county that does not have an enforced mask mandate, a business may still require that you wear one before coming inside. Gossip Girl Radhi, SUNY Stony Brook3. In October 2011, a parody of the series Gossip Girl: Psycho Killer was released. Why not close out October with some socially distant fun? Follow the lives of this guilty pleasure show. "I hope those suffering in silence know that they are not alone.". The series is owned by WarnerMedia, which recently launched their own streaming service, HBO Max, in May. We are well into spooky season, which means almost every person's partner has heard them talk about pumpkin spice and "Hocus Pocus" for the last 30 days. Rhys is heartbroken over Kelsey, but gets over her and forgives Owen. While you continue working on prioritizing your health and happiness in 2020, why not transform your social media feeds to be places that inspire and teach you? Choose an adventure below and discover your next favorite movie or TV show. However, Vanessa grows jealous when her best friend and secret crush, Dan Humphrey, who is in love with Serena, seems infatuated with her. A lot of them you can but at your local drug store, including the makeup that was used on her for the 2020 CMAs. Privileged teens living on the Upper East Side of New York can hide no secret from the ruthless blogger who is always watching. Keep reading to find out more. When Chuck literally traded Blair for a hotel. But say hello to Manhattan's newest residents, the scene-stealing, heart-stealing Carlyle triplets. Yes, I am from the Upper East Side. Stay tuned for more Gossip Girl updates. The series revolves around the lives and romances of the privileged socialite teenagers at the Constance Billard School for Girls, an elite private school in New York City's Upper East Side. According to a WarnerMedia press release in regards to HBO Max (via Newsweek): "The platform offering will continue to grow adding the libraries of Gossip Girl, The West Wing, and more within the first year of launch." A dangerously charming, intensely obsessive young man goes to extreme measures to insert himself into the lives of those he is transfixed by. Something for everyone interested in hair, makeup, style, and body positivity. Gossip Girl, which originally aired on the CW from 2007-2012 (feel old now? When Rufus dated Ivy despite the age difference, and the fact that he previously thought she was … But, you’re honestly more likely to run into a young nanny dressed in Lululemon and Nike trainers than you are a Blair Waldorf look-alike, dressed head to toe in Chanel. Songs About Being 17Grey's Anatomy QuotesVine Quotes4 Leaf CloverSelf Respect, 1. We also like to live vicariously through fictional television characters. No one's ever talked to me about it except for in interviews and I always say the same: I never say never, so I don't know. Beauty is a huge factor of the show! The streaming platform will come with over 10,000 hours of content, including Friends (yup, that's why the show is leaving Netflix), Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and more. Ziegesar created a spin-off series, The It Girl, which began publication in 2005, and Yen Press has adapted the series into a manga series titled Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only. Running errands are for the lower class who can't afford to hire someone to do that for them. Glamorous-New-York-type surrounding are something that attracts me. If you didn't know (sorry), we've been locked down for over 200 days now, and chances are, you are ready for it to be OVER. Though the website went dark eight years prior, Gossip Girl is back! Check out our picks for family friendly movies movies that transcend all ages. They are joined by Rhys, Owen's friend, and Jack. No Blair? College interviews bring out the best and worst in the seniors, as Blair hangs out with her new stepbrother-to-be Aaron Rose, and Dan finds out how just not into him Serena is. Set nearly a decade after the finale of the original series, this revival follows Lorelai, Rory and Emily Gilmore through four seasons of change. BuzzFeed … LiveShopper Sassie, the company behind this Coffee Project survey, received input from 1,000 coffee drinkers via their mobile app, PrestoShopper, to ask various questions about their coffee drinking habits and preferences. Though, I have to say that the reasons for this are pretty logical or at least I hope they are.First of all, I like the setting. Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. The Upper East Side is a neighborhood in the borough of Manhattan in New York City and is home to a majority of the characters within Gossip Girl. When Dan said this to Serena as if he were really any better. An average high school student and his best friend get caught up in some trouble causing him to receive a werewolf bite. At this point in our pandemic year, a good face mask is a necessity. Not surprisingly when Nate and Tawny meet Blair and Serena, the two girls reaction is not impressed. But, one major thing that will be different in the new series, there's more diversity. Basically, "Positions" has all the replay value in the world and a song for everyone. I love it mostly because of how ridiculous and over-the-top the storyline is. Dan leaves Evergreen and transfers to Columbia so he can be close to Vanessa. A sudden and tragic event impacts the lives of everyone on the Upper East Side, especially Chuck and the van der Woodsens. !. It's 2020, you should only be following accounts that inspire you. The popular CW drama "Gossip Girl" aired from 2007 through 2012. The drama that these young and spoiled (but i must say handsome and beautiful) people have to deal with seemed so distant from my own life experience. As a result they find themselves in the middle of all sorts of dramas in Beacon Hills. Get ready, Upper Eastsiders, because Gossip Girl is officially leaving Netflix. College acceptance letters are arriving and Serena and Nate get in everywhere she applied while Blair is waitlisted for her dream school, Yale. welcome-to-the-upper-east-side. With the company owning the rights to the show, sadly, Gossip Girl will not be staying on Netflix for much longer. Because it is so good, it's only right to rank the songs. Amidst all of the secret drama, Remington and Edie Carlyle decide to get married. When Carter pretended to love Bree's cousin just to pay off his gambling debts, then left her at the altar. Vanessa is overwhelmed with all of Dan's ideas of living together and starting a life causing her to cheat on him with Hollis, her TA. The new Gossip Girl's logline states: "Eight years after the original website went dark, a new generation of New York private school teens are introduced to the social surveillance of Gossip Girl. The Upper East Side is not only one of the most expensive places to live in the country, but it's also the most expensive place to live in NYC. [6] Hachette Group re-released all of the original novels in electronic book format between 2008 and 2009. The general election on Tuesday, November 3, 2020, will decide not only the next president of the United States but also which political party controls the House of Representatives and the Senate. The answer is no. Each of us has faced obstacles we probably didn't see coming in January, and whether you're feeling confident or terrified about the end of the year, a mental health reset is probably a good idea. [5] Two days later, a sequel novel, I Will Always Love You was released. The best part? Along with the new Gossip Girl, HBO Max is bringing more new originals on board, including Dune: The Sisterhood, Tokyo Vice, a Big Bang Theory spinoff with Kaley Cuoco called The Flight Attendant, and more. Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Long gone are the days where you follow accounts that make you feel bad about yourself (unfollow them because... no thank you). In Season 3 of Gossip Girl, Chuck invests in The Empire Hotel, which is indeed a … XOXO , gossip girl . (EXCLUSIVE), Kristen Bell Actually Played a Major Role on 'Gossip Girl', The Real Reason Why Alanah Pearce Decided to Leave Rooster Teeth, Tiger Woods and Trump Go Way Back — Don't Be Surprised if Tiger Votes for Him, Netflix's 'Blood of Zeus' Season 1 Ending: Here's What It Means [SPOILERS], 40 Instagram Captions for Your Best Pumpkin Patch Selfie. Vanessa leaves Hollis angrily. Discover unique things to do, places to eat, and sights to see in the best destinations around the world with Bring Me! So, viewers can expect the series to be leaving Netflix in the next year. This Is One Secret We Will Tell — Check out the New 'Gossip Girl' Cast! She tries to keep Serena out of the loop and encourages others to ignore her. Admit it, right now you're picturing lonely boy Dan Humphrey drooling over the ever-so-elusive Serena van der Woodsen. ), Serena and Dan also end up getting married even though Dan was a creep the entire time, and Nate is running for New York City mayor (LOL). The range of what's trendy goes from the hottest new arrivals at Urban Outfitters to ready-to-wear Prada and Balmain. Follows teenager Clay Jensen, in his quest to uncover the story behind his classmate and crush, Hannah, and her decision to end her life. Spotted: A Gossip Girl reboot has been officially confirmed, and we'll be able to stream all 10 episodes on HBO Max. For Sarah Ripoli, a 27-year-old woman who was witness to her mother's death by domestic violence when she was just 6 years old, this couldn't be more true. Get your day started right — and keep that budget tight. Blair and Nate reunite just as Serena realizes she's in love with him. At first, I watched GG just to make fun of it. It is that time of year where the most controversial question comes into play — and no, it is NOT political — is it too early to start listening to holiday music? If you're a first-time voter or voting by mail for the first time, we want to hear your story. While navigating the troubled waters of romance, school and family, Archie and his gang become entangled in dark Riverdale mysteries. Sarah Hyland has been thrust back into the spotlight with her new show, "Lady Parts," as well as appearing at award shows, and her artists and designers have been giving the public some of the products that they've used. It's in order of great to utterly stellar. When Louis sprung this on Blair right after their wedding. She went on to say, "Nobody complains about the adult women who read Harlequin romances. When Jenny told Damien she wanted her first time to mean something and he was all, "Can we talk about this. Blair Waldorf is Serena's best friend but it's always about Serena not Blair. This article is about the novel series by Cecily von Ziegesar. Looking for something to watch? [35] In the show, Blake Lively plays Serena, Leighton Meester plays Blair, Chace Crawford plays Nate, Penn Badgley plays Dan, Ed Westwick plays Chuck, Taylor Momsen plays Jenny and Jessica Szohr plays Vanessa. home / message / links. Ed Westwick on the 'Gossip Girl' Reboot: "Why Shouldn't It Live On?"