[42] On December 26, he had 37 points and 11 assists off the bench in a 134–132 double-overtime win over the Charlotte Hornets. [34] On January 3, 2018, he made the go-ahead jumper with 10.1 seconds left and tied his career high with 26 points, leading Brooklyn to a 98–97 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Dinwiddie has been a huge part of that, and he was rewarded in November with a three-year, $34 million contract extension with the Nets.

He was another L.A. high school star who chose Harvard, played four years and got his degree. [7] He made the remark, "I see over people and I shoot over people... for the smaller point guards, they don't really get to contest me." Nets General manager Sean Marks still dealing with the Disastrous Outcome of the Fabled Nets Celtics trade of 2013 was desperate to find talent so he took a chance on Spencer and the rest is History. [20][21] He then appeared in game two of the Pistons' 4–0 first-round playoff series loss to the Cavaliers. In 2013, the point guard's junior year, Dinwiddie fatefully suffered an ACL injury against the Washington Huskies that forced him to sit out for the rest of the college basketball season. More than 600 CF employees died in the 9-11 attacks. At the start of the 2017-2018 Season, Nets Point Guard Jeremy Lin went down with a season ending Knee injury and Spencer benefited from this tremendously getting his share of the minutes and ultimately finding his place on the roster. Colorado won each game in which their top scorer scored 20 or more points total.

Dinwiddie’s contribution helped well with getting the Nets back into the Playoffs, which they would lose to the 76ers in the first round 4-1. I can’t wait to see how far they’ll come this semester. The departures of Carlon Brown and Nate Tomlinson were instrumental in Dinwiddie's breakout sophomore season. It was a really great experience and I really enjoyed it.

So fun to welcome these amazing athletes to the Harvard family yesterday! ), A post shared by Anita Elberse (@anitaelberse) on Sep 11, 2018 at 5:42am PDT, Dinwiddie and the other participants will each be matched with a pair of Harvard’s MBA student mentors who will “develop their business acumen and empower them to make better business decisions.”.

and scouts began to count me out. Stelle von den Detroit Pistons ausgewählt.

I spent countless hours in the gym and at rehab to get back in top condition.

And kept things 100% serious throughout the day, as you can see. schools all around the nation. Some sleuthing around and it became clear. He chose to play for the Colorado Buffaloes over other possibilities such as Harvard, Oregon, UCLA, and UNLV.

So Says Spencer. [33] On December 23, he tied his career high with 26 points in a 123–119 overtime loss to the Indiana Pacers.

25 point guard and the No. Caron Butler was one of my mentors when I got into the league, and he did the program and he stressed to me the importance of keeping those things in mind even when you’re young or a rookie.

He recorded 29 points in a home win over Colorado State, which marked his own career-high scoring record.

I knew I would be a less attractive prospect because of my injuries, but regardless, “They’ll walk through different case studies with those students, but they maybe also will do additional readings and work in areas that they have particular interest in.
Brooklyn Nets guard Spencer Dinwiddie went back to school, but it wasn’t just any school. Nets Inspiring the Next Generation. It’s amazing to enhance your knowledge base and then to be interacting and building relationships with brilliant people who are actually in Harvard Business School. You had a nice … and smarter than the other players. continue my basketball career at the University of Colorado. He’s also averaging a career high in free throw attempts per game at over 7 which has him in the top 10 attempted this season. After becoming a part of Colorado's men's basketball program, Spencer Dinwiddie emerged as one of the top scorers on a very balanced team. [6] He was the only Pac-12 freshman to have a field-goal percentage of over .400 total.

High School: William Howard Taft in Woodland Hills, California [55][56], Dinwiddie is the son of Malcolm and Stephanie Dinwiddie, and he has a younger brother, Taylor. Some may say his stats are inflated due to an increase of minutes, but he’s only averaging two and one half minutes more than he did last season as a 6th man. We look forward to putting the best best team we possibly can out there.”. Other NBA players who have passed through the program include Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Caron Butler, Lance Thomas, John Holland, and Joe Harris, while WNBA, NFL, and MLS players like Martellus Bennett, Tina Charles, Sam Cronin, Kofi Sarkodie, and Mohamed Massaquoi are also alums.

He was one of the most skilled passers in school history, and became the John R. Wooden California High School Player of the Year in 2011.

This was the first time he had shot over .500 on field goals up till then. Spencer Dinwiddie attended William Howard Taft High School (Woodland Hills, CA), where he made himself one of the better athletes in the nation after becoming the John R. Wooden California High School Player of the Year in 2011.

In December 2018 he signed a three-year contract extension with the Nets. In this year’s class, there’s Dinwiddie, the Celtics guard Kyrie Irving, Pistons center Zaza Pachulia, and Nuggets forward Paul Millsap. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies.
He shot 6-for-6 from the field, 4-for-4 from beyond the arc, and 8-for-8 on free throws. [27], On December 8, 2016, Dinwiddie signed with the Brooklyn Nets. [32] On December 14, he had 26 points in a 111–104 loss to the New York Knicks. Spencer Improved with his share of minutes increasing but it was a slight improvement. Turns out that Harvard was Dinwiddie’s “safety school.” Coming out of high school in L.A., Dinwiddie had the grades and the scores to get into Harvard, but believing (accurately) that he had a future in pro basketball, he chose the Buffaloes over the Crimson. I was getting playing time Harvard, Oregon, Santa Clara, and UNLV, to name a few. “I’m in the mode of acquiring knowledge and relationships on the business side and it’s paramount that you learn as much as you can and have the best resources. [15] After back-up Steve Blake opened the season in a miserable shooting slump,[18] Dinwiddie received his first opportunity of the season in the tenth game, scoring 17 points on November 15 in a 97–85 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers. “The core of the program is that we pair each athlete two of our second-year MBA students,” Elberse says. Spencer Dinwiddie with K8IROS, his self-designed sneaker. Spencer Dinwiddie.

Elberse, first row center, posted a class picture.