Red Table Talk airs Tuesdays at 9 a.m. PT/12 p.m.

Red Table Talk: Willow Smith Says Mom Jada Pinkett Was Easier on Her Brother Jaden Growing Up "There is a difference between how black moms treat their daughters and their sons," says Willow … Willow and Cole are in the same band, The Anxiety, together. Speaking to Willow, Gammy and their two guests, sports journalists, Cari Champion and Jemele Hill, Jada agreed. CELEBS, Vanessa Bryant is dealing with her late husband’s trust. On this week’s Red Table Talk , Willow opened up about experiencing machismo with her mother, Jada Pinkett Smith and her grandmother Adrienne Banfield Norris. 6 Oct 2020 7:01 PM. Tune-in to Facebook Watch for a new episode of "Red Table Talk" on Tuesday, October 20  at 9am PT /12pm ET. The ‘Red Table Talk’ co-hosts: Willow Smith, Adrienne Banfield-Norris and Jada Pinkett Smith. “I don’t even want to say ‘the danger of men.’ Let’s say the danger of the undisciplined male sexual mind,” Jada further explained. “In the music industry, you’re taught that oh, if you’re Black and you rap about violence and money that’s going to make you more money. Account active In an episode of Red Table Talk … Descubra o seu jeito favorito de usar.

"It was like, 'You better get up. Willow Smith And Amber Rose Talk Sexual Consent on ‘Red Table Talk’ In an exclusive look at the next episode, the ladies discuss the awkward gray areas and … © 2020 BET Interactive, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Black Entertainment Television LLC. “It puts an imprint in other young artists coming up to [think], ‘Oh, this is the way I must need to do it to get on.’ And artists can’t be afraid to show something new.”, He added, “It’s really all about having courage to break the molds when you’re an artist and not letting anyone put you in the box, not even for own community.”. As Willow recalled being "ready at the door" to go to school, she mimicked her brother's much slower moving pace, saying he'd be "getting his shoes on" without the same sense of urgency as she. Laughing, Jada, 49, said, "That's true. Women came out in full force, publicly mocking and criticizing and doubting Meg…” Jada Pinkett-Smith said on Red Table Talk, recounting what happened. As Willow recalled being "ready at the door" to go to school, she mimicked her brother's much slower moving pace, saying he'd be "getting his shoes on" without the same sense of urgency as she.

Jada Pinkett Smith says she was raised children Willow Smith and Jaden Smith differently because Black women have to work harder in the world. A leading-edge research firm focused on digital transformation. “No, you didn’t tell me that, but the way that you would talk to me, in my little brain...my brain said, men equal danger.”, RELATED: Exclusive Preview: Watch Ice Cube On ‘Red Table Talk’ Explain The Inspiration Behind His ‘Contract With Black America’. In a PEOPLE exclusive clip of this week's Red Table Talk, Willow spoke about her upbringing alongside her mother, Jada Pinkett Smith and her grandmother Adrienne Banfield Norris. Get push notifications with news, features and more. ", Pinkett Smith added: "My fear for having a Black daughter and what I felt like she needed to be in this world put me in a position to be a little harder on her.". If you would like to opt out of browser push notifications, please refer to the following instructions specific to your device and browser: this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.

She might have a point.". When Willow wanted to hang out with a group of male friends who were older, Jada, in true old-school Black mama style, broke it down, explaining to her daughter why that was not going to happen. ... Watch the BET.com exclusive preview of his appearance on Red Table Talk … "There is a difference between how black moms treat their daughters and their sons," says Willow, 19, in the clip. “You definitely prepared me for the danger of men,” said Willow of her mother. The 19-year-old “Red Table Talk” co-host joined her mother Jada Pinkett Smith and grandmother, Adrienne Banfield-Norris for the latest episode of the Facebook Watch series and welcomed a special guest, Willow’s rumoured boyfriend, Cole. There can often be a gap between consent and sexual violence, and what remains in between is arguably an awkward and often undiscussed gray area. “I kind of was… [considering] that it’s coming from Black women,” the teen said. Regardless of all the advancements women have made both professionally and personally, many still struggle with being heard and respected during sexual encounters. ", "For me, I knew that she's gonna have it twice as hard," the "Girls Trip" star said. © Copyright 2020 HollywoodLife, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. ET on Facebook Watch. Later in the episode, Willow, accused her mom Jada of being harder on her than she was on her brother, Jaden, 22. Credit: Jada agreed, adding, “Absolutely, and even we as Black women, understanding what we’re up against, culturally and in society. RELATED: Willow Smith Says She She Felt ‘Shunned’ By Black Community Because Of The Way She Was Raised. “She might have a point because I’d be like, ‘No you gotta be on it… ‘” the actress said, explaining her parenting approach. Willow Smith is opening up about the double standards in parenting she faced while growing up with brother Jaden. I’d be in my room going like, 'OK, I gotta get...,'" Willow says while acting stressed and hurried. Willow recently invited her rumored boyfriend and musical collaborator Tyler Cole onto the Facebook Watch show to discuss voting with her mother and grandmother.

In a PEOPLE exclusive clip of this week's Red Table Talk, Willow spoke about her upbringing alongside her mother, Jada Pinkett Smith and her grandmother Adrienne Banfield Norris. since. Willow Smith openly admitted that she and her brother, Jaden Smith, 22, felt shunned by the black community for their opposition to gender norms. Follow Red Table Talk for new episodes, only on Facebook Watch. Looking for smart ways to get more from life?