As another must to every Ming city, the Drum Tower stands nearby in the west of the Bell Tower. The tomb is a large artificial mound 249 feet [76 meters] high. Today's Xi'an is a world famous tourist city and an inexhaustible treasure house of cultural relics. See details at our.

Capital of Shaanxi Province and eastern end to the Silk Road, the history and cultural significance of Xi'an stretches through China's ancient past and into its bright future.

W Xi’an has 385 supremely chic guestrooms rise up from 5th to the 26th floor. Haixian ➚ 70 miles [113 kms] east of Xi'an was the epicenter of the world's deadliest earthquake on Mon Jan 23 1556 when 830,000 people lost their lives. The rainy season occurs from July to September, though there isn't much rain.

The new settlers rose up in the Dungan Revolt (1862-77) ➚ which was ruthlessly put down by the Qing army killing many millions of Muslims.

Citation information for this page : Chinasage, 'Shaanxi province, northern China', last updated 29 Nov 2018, Web, http://www.chinasage.info/provinces/shaanxi.htm. The Great Mosque built in 742 is one of the largest and oldest in China.

There is a distinct north-south divide from the fairly dry north to the mountainous south which catches more rain and so there is more vegetation. Now heads of state from many countries and people from all walks of life come to the city to broaden their knowledge of … If leaving Lintong by train or bus, Mt.

Contact us today to schedule a tour of Xi'an's famous sights. I will be in Xi'an on the 6th to 13th of April. This period also saw the city renamed Xi’an, or “Western Peace.” See more on "Place Names Around Xi'an — History and a Chinese Lesson".

Within these walls of Xi'an there are a large number of ancient buildings worth visiting, most notably: the Big ➚ and Little Goose Pagodas ➚; Stele Forest and a Great Mosque ➚. Shopping in Xi'an ranges from luxury malls to small craft markets, which means it's easy to find a souvenir no matter your budget.

Further in Baoji, Famen Temple is a noted Buddhist shrine for its collection of Sakyamuni's relics. The Xi'an Railway Station is among the top 8 in the country.

I found that Tourism Bus Line 1 is still in service. How to Visit the Terracotta Army — an Insider's Guide, The Top 7 Historical Attractions to Visit in Xi'an, Place Names Around Xi'an — History and a Chinese Lesson.

You mentioned that Tourism Bus Line 1 from the east square of Main Railway Station to Mt. Time has passed along with the bell at dawn and the Drum at dust sounding everyday. Two thousand years ago a canal was built alongside the treacherous Wei and Yellow Rivers to provide easier access by boat. Huashan, one of the five sacred mountains in China famed for precipitous crags, narrow and steep paths, can be reached within three hours. My question is if I book the ticket through you can I still see the terra cotta army if I take this report plus a photo of my original passport?

Nearby is the full sized version, the world famous Qin Terracotta warriors at the Imperial tombs just east of modern Xi'an.

Midway to Yan'an on the road from Xi'an is the reputed tomb of Yellow Emperor Huangdi at Huangling. The continuous history of the ancient civilized capital has apparently resulted in its magnificent culture. Officially part of Northwest China, it borders the province-level divisions of Shanxi (NE, E), Henan (E), Hubei (SE), Chongqing (S), Sichuan (SW), Gansu (W), Ningxia (NW) and Inner Mongolia (N). So if you cannot find the bus, you can take high speed train. Chinasage is a new web resource, pages will be added and enhanced regularly.

The provincial capital city of Xi'an stands on the site of Chang'an; the capital of China and for a long while the largest city in the world with over a million people within its city walls. The continuous history of the ancient civilized capital has apparently resulted in its magnificent culture.

It is a tough climb, starting at Yuquan Garden ➚ (Jade fountain) from where the path takes 18 bends before a perilous climb up sheer rock faces. Xi'an was the first city in what is considered northwest China to adopt a visa policy and the ninth city in all of China. Within few kilometers around it, there are Big Wild Goose Pagoda in the crucial Buddhist temple, Da Cien Temple, and  the biggest Tang culture theme park, Tang Paradise. Send e-mail to booking.

The best time to visit is the spring and autumn during the cool, but not too cold, seasons. The vast tomb of Princess Yong Tai ➚ can be visited. The most significant Daoist temple is the Baxian temple of the Eight Immortals.

Much later on, after the fall of the Tang, continual incursions from the north drove people further south and east. Xiangji (Heaped Fragrance) Temple is also an important Buddhist shrine. Shaanxi is isolated from the climatic extremes of China, although it can still be hot in summer, with generally low rainfall. The Yan River at Yan'an, Shaanxi province, China, in the eastern portion of the Loess Plateau. Or will they only let me into the museum with my original passport? The Great Mosque here occupies a narrow lot which is only a block away from the Drum Tower, being the spiritual root of about sixty thousand Muslims, mainly Hui minority living and working here. The tomb took 36 years to build with about 500,000 slave laborers; and only a tiny proportion of the vast tomb area has been excavated.

Great Room and Mega Room of 2,330 and 1,128 square meters steal the scene for any glam events. Also in Shaanxi, there was a great famine in 1628 which resulted in the Li Zicheng rebellion and the downfall of the Ming dynasty. Xianyang boasts a museum containing a Han dynasty miniature version of the terracotta army.

Xi'an is often called the birthplace of Chinese civilization.

Xingjiao Temple in Chang'an District is not well acquainted and it will be easily remembered if mentioned as the place where famous Chinese Buddhist Monk Xuanzang reposed after death. It was best known as the capital of Qin Dynasty with its suburbs scattered widely with mausoleums of emperors and royal families of several dynasties: Han Yang Ling Mausoleum, the joint grave of Liu Qi, a notable emperor in Western Han (206 BC-220AD) and Empress Wang; Qianling Mausoleum, the joint tomb of Emperor Gaozong and his empress Wu Zetian, the only woman ruler in Chinese history; Zhaoling Mausoleum, the tomb of the second emperor of Tang and the first Tang imperial tomb built into the mountain.

Located in north central China, Xi'an is a popular tourist destination with foreigners and locals alike. Giant Wild Goose PagodaLocated in the Qujiang Tourist Area to the southeast of the city center, this solemn ancient pagoda inside the Da Ci’en Temple was originally built in 652 during the reign of Emperor Gaozong of the Tang Dynasty (618-907). Xi'an is known for its ancient and well preserved city walls. Imperial visitors from as long as the Western Zhou dynasty 2,800 years ago are recorded.